Classic eyelash extension: Method where 1 lash extension is applied to 1 natural lash. Designed to give a natural look and comfortable feeling with length and curl.
Volume lash extension: With the traditional lash extension, we can only safely attach one extension to each of your single natural lashes. We can only lash on the natural lashes you have. This can be disappointing if you do not have a lot of natural lashes yet desire a thicker look. Volume lashes represent an exciting new trend – the lightest lashes in the market. Therefore, multiple lashes do not weigh down the natural lash or damage the follicle. Volume lash is an advanced technique of applying multiple extensions from 2D to 8D (8 lashes per one natural lash) and they do not appear clumpy at the base or look like cluster lashes. Volume lashes give the client a fluffier and fuller look. Eyelash extension is about adding length, volume, and creating a style that NO mere mascara or strip lash can deliver. Applied with proper skill and cared for appropriately, they outlast and outperform ANY makeup technique by weeks… even longer!
How long do the results last: Eyelash extensions can last from 6-7 weeks, depending on the growth cycle of your natural lashes. To maintain the look, appointments are necessary every 2-4 weeks to replace the lashes that have shed or grown out.
Always have a consultation with the artist before the treatment if you have had:
- Positive reaction to eyelash extensions
- Skin disease
- Skin disorder in the eye area
- Recent eye surgery
- Skin trauma in the area: burns, inflammation or swelling around the eye area
- Hypersensitive skin
- Any eye disorder such as stye or hordeola, conjunctivitis, blepharitis, watery eye or cysts and dry eye syndrome
- Bacterial infections: conjunctivitis or pink eye, hordeola or styes, blepharitis, impetigo, viral infectious, herpes zoster or shingles. Infestations pediculosis captis, pubus or corporis. Head lice, pubic lice, body lice.
If your client has a or hay fever, it’s impractical for the lashes to be applied as they will lose more quickly as the eyes become irritated and watery.
Extension adhesive has odour, so people with asthma, allergies, sensitivity or who have previously suffered from adverse reaction to other eye treatment should be advised not to have this treatment.
PhiAcademy recommends Royal Artists and guarantees for their quality and experience.
- An appointment can last up to two hours, so please allow plenty of time in order to ensure the best results.
- Do not wear any makeup to your appointment, especially eye makeup
- Remove your contact lenses prior to treatment
- Please inform your therapist of any known eye conditions before your appointment
Prior to scheduling the treatment, make sure you are familiar with:
click to see: